Progress made in resolving Saudi-led boycott of Qatar: Kuwait

266

Kuwait City, Dec 5,2020: Kuwaiti Foreign Minister Ahmed al-Sabah said on Friday that some progress has been made regarding reconciliation in the Gulf crisis involving the Saudi led boycott of Qatar.
He however stopped short of announcing any breakthrough in the dispute, Al Jazeera reported.
Reacting to the Kuwaiti statement the Qatari Foreign Minister Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani thanked Kuwait for its mediation in resolving the crisis which has been going on since mid-2017.
Earlier on Friday, Al Thani said that there has been some progress in resolving the bitter diplomatic dispute but said he could not predict whether a breakthrough was imminent or would take some more time for a complete resolution.
Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Egypt imposed a diplomatic, trade and travel boycott on Qatar on June 5, 2017, accusing Doha of supporting terrorism and having ties with Iran that were deemed too close, accusations which Qatar has repeatedly rejected as baseless while highlighting its readiness for dialogue.



Related Articles & Comments

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *